Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent, including the following required courses:
- English - any Grade 12 (C) or (U), or equivalent
Recommended courses or skills: What's this?
These courses are not required for admission.
- Aboriginal Beliefs, Values, and Aspirations in Contemporary Society - Grade 11 (C)
- Canadian Politics and Citizenship - Grade 11 (O)
- Challenge and Change in Society - Grade 12 (M)
- Introduction to Anthropology, Psychology, and Sociology - Grade 11 (M)
- Understanding Canadian Law - Grade 11 (M)
Selection and Ranking Process
For competitive programs (the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of available places), selection will be based on the highest senior level final grade available at the time of ranking. Mid-term grades are not used for ranking purposes. Testing or other supplemental evaluation may be required.
Program Requirements What's this?
Criminal Records Check (CRC):
Prior to Term 3, all agencies require that a criminal records check be done as a requirement for field placement. Students with criminal charges or convictions may be severely limited in securing both employment and field placement opportunities in the criminal justice field. Field placement must be completed in order to graduate.
Students are responsible for their own transportation in order to complete field placement requirements. Niagara College cannot guarantee placements that are readily accessible by public transportation. Students are responsible for all costs connected with such transportation. Therefore, provision of transportation for work placements will require access to a private vehicle. A valid driver’s licence is required.
- Some placement agencies may require students to provide proof of up to date immunization and documentation of a 2 step TB Test.
- Students are required to possess current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and/or First Aid Certification.
- All costs associated with CPR/First Aid, vaccinations, and/or verification, are the responsibility of the student.
- For most placements, students must be able to engage in moderate physical activity.
- All health requirements must be met one month prior to the start of placement term or placement will be denied.