Niagara College believes it is important to acknowledge employees who are committed to promoting and enhancing the highest degree of well-being within the college community. These individuals exemplify outstanding characteristics in the following areas:
- The promotion of health and safety
- The effective identification of hazards
- The development of solutions
- The identification of health and safety resources
The annual award for Health and Safety can be bestowed on anyone from Faculty, Support or Administration. All full-time and regular part-time staff are eligible to be nominated. The person(s) selected to receive special recognition will be announced at Niagara Day.
Any full-time or regular part-time employee of Niagara College may nominate or second a candidate.
- Nominations will be sent to the Manager of Health and Safety.
- The nominations must be seconded by three other employees and accompanied by a narrative (maximum three pages).
- Nominations will be accepted up until June 1 of each year.
- Final selection will be completed by June 30 of each year.
- Self-nominations may not be accepted.
The following characteristics should be considered when preparing submissions:
Health and Safety Awareness:
- Care of control of work area
- Safety training and education
- Reporting of hazards
- Follow-up on health and safety related issues
- Health and safety action plan
- Promotion of excellent health and safety practices
- Knowledge of legislation and health and safety policies
- Considerate of others
- Role Model
- Extraordinary effort
Customer Service Skills:
- Takes time to assist others
- Positive, caring approach
- Investigates/follows through to address needs
- Team player
- Shares expertise/ideas
Nomination FormDownload Nomination Form
The award recipient will be chosen by the members of the Joint Health and Safety Committee.