This article contains information concerning audio/visual equipment used in Niagara College classrooms.
- Audio / Visual for Students
- Audio / Visual for Staff
- Multimedia in the Classroom
Audio / Visual for Students
Please see the Library for your Audio/Visual equipment needs.
Audio / Visual for Staff
If you are having issues with the equipment in the classrooms such as the Projector, Podium PC, Audio, etc please take the time to read the instructions that are fixed to the podiums.
Check out the following documentation and tutorials:
- Podium equipment documentation
- Connecting your laptop to the podium computers, for Windows or Mac
- Smart Podium Introduction documentation
- These are the 24″ monitors with the tethered pens and buttons along the top of the frame. The documentation includes notes for using the pen with your applications and using the podium as a Digital Whiteboard where your class notes can be saved and distributed.
- Using the ELMO Document Camera with the SMART Podium monitor
- The image from the document camera can appear on the SMART monitor in order that it can be saved or used with the digital pen.
If you need assistance please call the Helpdesk at extension 7642 using the classroom phone. We will dispatch an Audio/Visual technician as soon as possible.
Multimedia in the Classroom
This list represents the Multimedia Projection capabilities at Niagara College. Use the following legend to help you determine which room(s) can best serve your needs. For a more in depth look, please consult the podium equipment documentation.
Note, also, the listing of LRC projector sign-out availability at the end of the listing.
Accessibility for Multimedia
If you require any of the following information in an accessible format, please contact:
For Students – Manager – Student Services 905-735-2211, ext. 7834
For Employees/Others – Manager, Human Resources 905-735-2211 ext. 7534
- Meeting Room / Small Classroom
- The podium controls in this room are in a “white box” mounted to the wall. DVDs can be played through the attached computer. There are usually 1 or 2 television displays in this type of room and/or 1 projector.
- Touch Screen Controls
- Currently only existing in the AHI Auditorium and AHI Boardroom, the podium controls are operated by a touch screen panel on the podium itself. The podium is capable of Blu-ray playback and has the ability to connect an external device such as a laptop.
- Smart Podium with Document Camera
- The multimedia in this room is controlled by a black extron box on the podium. This type of room includes a Smart Podium as well as a Document Camera. Usually there are 1 or more television displays and/or a projector.
- Single display controlled by Extron
- The multimedia is this room is controlled by a black extron box on the podium. Usually there are 1 or more television displays and/or a projector.
- Single display controlled by Crestron
- The multimedia is this room is controlled by a black Crestron box on the podium. Usually there are 1 or more television displays and/or a projector.
- Single display with Document Camera controlled by Extron
- The multimedia is this room is controlled by a black extron box on the podium. Usually there is a document camera and 1 or more television displays and/or a projector.
- Single display with Document Camera controlled by Crestron
- The multimedia is this room is controlled by a black Crestron box on the podium. Usually there is a document camera and 1 or more television displays and/or a projector.
- Multiple displays with Document Camera controlled by Extron
- The multimedia in this room is controlled by a black extron box on the podium. These rooms are usually large and usually have a document camera and more than 1 projector.
- Single display without Extron controls
- Each multimedia component in this room is controlled separately. Usually there are 1 or more projectors.
Welland Campus Locations
|Athletic Centre and SAC|
|Applied Health Institute|
|Black Walnut Building|
|Rankin Technology Centre|
Niagara on the Lake Campus Locations
|Hospitality and Tourism|
Visit the libraries at either campus for the rest of your Audio / Visual needs. Available for sign out are items such as:
- PC Laptops
- Media Carts
- Point and Shoot Cameras
- SLR Cameras
- Handy Cams
- LCD Projectors
- Wireless Mice
- iclicker Instructor Kits
- Portable Microphones
- Document Cameras
- Flip Charts