ITS launches new Password Management software
Niagara College is excited to offer new Password Management software to assist students, faculty and staff in managing their college user accounts and student O365 accounts. This software will enable you to:
- Set or change your security questions;
- Reset your password when you’ve forgotten it;
- Unlock your account if you’ve remembered your password; and
- Change your password. Read More:
The Password Management software is available at https://passwordresetNC.niagaracollege.ca.
On September 2nd, Niagara College CIO John Levay provided an update on classroom improvements and other IT work completed over the summer, for further details please see the slideshow by clicking here.
On Friday September 18th at 4:30pm ITS is replacing Gwava, our current email protection/filter solution with a new solution from Sophos. Sophos offers many new benefits with employee self-service so you have greater control in managing your own mail.
By default, each day at noon you will receive an email to notify you of the messages identified as spam and “quarantined” by Sophos. You also have the option to disable this notification.
To manage your email protection preferences, log into the Sophos Email Appliance with your College username and password at https://SophosNC.niagaracollege.ca You can release quarantined messages, approve or block senders and set preferences. While you can choose to disable spam filtering we do not recommend this as the vast majority (> 80%) of all email messages are spam. This disable option is only available to meet the business requirement some areas within the college may have to never miss an incoming email. Please note messages identified as viruses cannot be released nor omitted from scanning as this poses a significant security risk to the college.
Items to note:
- for detailed information including step-by-step instructions on managing spam filtering for your mailbox please visit the ITS website http://its.niagaracollege.ca
- there may be a slight increase in the volume of unwanted spam or bulk mail delivered to your inbox during the initial period of the implementation as the new system requires time to learn your preferences and adjust
- Gwava will be accessible for two weeks following the implementation but will not contain any new items after September 18th at 4:30pm
If you have any questions please contact the ITS Helpdesk by emailing ITSHelpdesk@niagaracollege.ca or calling x7642.
The on campus wireless network is being upgraded to serve you better. The upgraded solution supports newer technologies and offers better performance monitoring and management and enhanced security. The two wireless networks/SSIDs available are:
- “AirNC-Secure” for student and employee access to the college network and Internet
- “AirNC-Guest” for guest access to the Internet
Connecting with the new AirNC-Secure is generally transparent depending on your device. If prompted for a security certificate warning, select to proceed. You will only receive this notification once.
Guest Wi-Fi is now made available using sponsorship. Eligible sponsors include all members of CMT (College Management Team), CMT Administrative Assistants and employees in our Employment and Training Solutions office. Guests will enter identifying information and a sponsor name which automatically generates an email to the sponsor. The sponsor reviews and confirms the guest request for access, allowing the guest to continue.