All news items, story ideas, and requests for coverage must be submitted through the Niagara College Marketing FreshDesk system. The request that is generated is referred to as a “Marketing Service Request”, or a “MSR” or “ticket” for short.
The system is very easy to use and allows us to properly assign resources to the requests that are submitted. In order to use the system you must set up an account (which is separate from your Blackboard login). You may log in at any time and track the progress of your request, communicate directly with the team members who are completing your request, and attach additional files and notes as needed.
For assistance please contact the Marketing Production Coordinator at 905-735-2211 extension 7771.
Already have an account?
Can’t log in? Click here and then click the “reset your password” link. The password is not linked to your Blackboard account.
How to Sign Up for a FreshDesk Account and Submit a Request
- Go to www.niagaracollege.ca/marketing/.
- Click either of the “Sign Up” links.
- Enter your full name and college email address, and then enter the CAPTCHA. Click “Register”.
- After you click the “Register” button the page will refresh and let you know that an activation link has been sent to your email address. You should now check your email inbox for the activation email.
- Click the activation link in your email.
- After clicking the link, an “Activate your account” page will open in a browser window. Enter the password that you wish to use for the account. Remember that this password has no connection to Blackboard, and will not change automatically when you change your Blackboard password. Then, click “Activate & Log In”.
- You will now be logged in. Click the “New support ticket” to create a new Marketing Service Request.
- You will now be on the ticket creation screen. Please fill in the boxes as follows.
- Requester: This will already be pre-populated with your email address. You may click “add cc” if you wish to CC anyone into the request (ex. a supervisor).
- Subject: Include a descriptive subject line. This is the title of your request. Do not use generic titles like, “help needed”. Instead, try to convey the subject of the request.
- Description: Write a detailed description of your request. Be sure to include as many details as you can. If you have an event, include dates, times, locations and so on. Please do not submit a request without any detail, or with only a placeholder (ex. “information coming soon”).
- Your Department: Using the dropdowns to select your department based on the College’s organizational structure.
- Type of Request: Please select “Communications” and then choose one of the available options. If you have an event upcoming that requires coverage, please select “Evaluate Potential Media Opportunity”.
- Account Number: This field is not required for Communications tickets. You can leave it blank.
- Phone number and extension: This field is not required. You can leave it blank.
- Date requested by: This field helps us triage your request.
- Click “Submit”. Your request is now submitted and you will receive an email confirmation. When your request has been updated you will receive an email. You may respond directly to this email and your response will be added to your request’s history in the FreshDesk system, however we encourage users to log in to ensure that no updates or questions from the team are missed.