2 notification services are available:
As a subscriber you will receive important notifications about events happening on campus. In case of school closure due to inclement weather the notification is usually sent out between 6 a.m. – 7 p.m.
As a subscriber you will receive important course-related and academic messages, such as notification of class cancellation. These alerts are sent out by your Professor.
Above: An example of an important notification sent by Niagara College.
This is an opt-in service. You must subscribe to receive important notifications.
When you subscribe you will receive a confirmation SMS from both the NCALERT and NCBB service. You must confirm your subscription for each service before receiving important notifications. There is no extra charge for this service; data/SMS rates from your mobile phone provider will apply. Both students and staff subscribe to the service using the same steps.
Subscribe now by following the instructions below:
- Go to https://niagara.blackboard.com/ and log in using your credentials.
- Click the “My Apps” tab at the top.
- Click “Student Records” (if you are a student) or “My Records and Reports” (if you are staff).
- Click “Urgent Notification Contact Information”.
- Enter your contact information for voice call, text message and email address. If you do not want to receive alerts via a certain method then leave that box blank.
- Click “Save”.
- You will receive 2 SMS welcome messages – one from NCALERT and one from NCBB.
- Follow the SMS instructions to confirm your subscription(s). NCALERT and NCBB are separate subscriptions. Only send a confirmation text for the subscription(s) that you want.
- You are now subscribed.