We are dedicated to enhancing Indigenous student success!
Niagara College offers a wide range of programs and services specific to Indigenous students and communities. For detailed information on programs and other services browse the Student portal. Indigenous students have a voice at Niagara College – our goal is empowerment. We encourage everyone to make use of the resources available, and to assist us in on-going development with your comments and suggestions. Please feel free to contact us by e-mail, phone or just come in to the office at either campus for orientation and access to services and resources.
Our services include:
- Computer lab with Internet access and assistive software
- Indigenous-designated bursaries available
- Library of Indigenous resource materials (including periodicals, manuals and videos)
- Satellite campuses
- Provision of guidance, advice and support to new and existing students, and those interested in entering our college community
- Study and lounge area
- On-going development of new courses, programs and services for Indigenous and non-Indigenous students alike
- Student advocacy (i.e. college structures, policies, procedures, faculty relationships)
- Articulated programs with Indigenous organizations in various locations (ex. Six Nations Polytechnical and local area Friendship Centres)
- Ongoing events – check the Get Involved Portal