Each student and staff member are issued one free student card at the beginning of their time at Niagara College. Your card grants you:
- Access to printing and photocopying
- Gym pass for both the Welland and Niagara-on-the-Lake campus athletic facilities
- The regional transit bus systems (with a valid U-Pass sticker – students only)
- As a required form of ID for writing course tests and exams
How do I get a Niagara College student or staff ID card?
New Student ID Cards
- To create your new student card you are required to submit your photo online. To submit your photo online you simply need to use our online photo submission form.
- Sign in using your Blackboard username and password and follow the instructions provided. Be sure to select your home campus (the main campus for your program) when asked for the pickup location.
Please note 2 business days processing time is required for all ID Card submissions.
For students starting Fall 2017 ID cards will not be available for pick up until after time table selection in August 2017. For time table selection dates for your program, visit http://www.niagaracollege.ca/mync/.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus Card Pick-Up Schedule
|August 28th to September 1st||10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.||SAC Activity Room|
|September 5th – Orientation Day||1:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.||SAC Activity Room|
|September 6th to 8th||8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.||SAC Activity Room|
|After September 8th||8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.||Enrolment Services W107|
Welland Campus Card Pick-Up Schedule
|August 28th to September 1st||10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.||Library Commons|
|September 5th – Orientation Day||1:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.||Library Commons|
|September 6th to 15th||8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.||Library Commons|
|After September 15th||8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.||Enrolment Services L24|
Staff ID Cards
- To create your new ID card you are required to submit your photo online. To submit your photo online you simply need to use our online photo submission form.
- Sign in using your Blackboard username and password and follow the instructions provided.
- Your card will be ready for pickup 2 business days after submission from the Enrolment Services Office at the campus you selected.
- Please be ready to provide your staff number upon pickup.
Can’t use the online submission form?
Please stop by your campus’ Enrolment Services Office make alternative arrangements.
Lost, Stolen and Damaged Cards
- If your student card is lost, stolen, damaged (or you request a new picture) you must pay a $20 replacement fee at the Enrolment Services Office before a new card can be printed.
- You will also have to pay a replacement fee for your U-Pass sticker (if required). Please contact the Student Administrative Council office for more information at 905-735-2211 extension 7659.
Student Identification Card Disclaimer
The issuing of a student ID card occurs once as there is no expiration date and an ID number is permanently assigned to each student. In the event that a student begins a new program as a Level 1, Term 1 student after previously taking another program, the student ID card initially issued is to be used.
In the event there is a period of a semester gap or greater between the student’s full time or part time studies at Niagara College, a student may be issued a new card at no charge if they are no longer in possession of their previous card. Confirmation of enrollment in a new program may be requested by Enrolment Services staff and will be done at their discretion.
It is the responsibility of the student to protect their ID (ie. carry it in a wallet or something similar). Cards can bend, chip, or snap if handled inappropriately. A student will be required to pay the replacement fee for a card that is damaged as a result of personal wear and tear. If the card does not function due to a defect, Enrolment Services will coordinate with Information Technology Services (ITS) and replace the card in question at no charge.
Student ID cards will not be punched for any students or staff (no exceptions). Students enrolled in health related programs will have access to protective sleeves or pressure clips for their personal use. Students in all other programs who wish to wear their student card for identification purposes are encouraged to purchase a plastic case with clip or lanyard from the NC Bookstore.