Let it grow! Donate hair in support of providing wigs for children with cancer. Students, staff, and faculty are encouraged to participate.
Here’s what you need to know if you’re donating:
- Hair must be at least six inches long (measured from just above the elastic band of the ponytail to the ends). For wavy and curly hair – it can be straightened to measure.
- Coloured, permed and grey hair will be accepted.
- No appointments necessary. Drop in to donate your hair at the NOTL Campus March 17 or at the Welland Campus on March 18.
- Before arriving, hair must be freshly washed, dry and bundled in a ponytail at both ends, or in a braid. Type of ponytail needed will be determined after discussion about how much hair will be donated and how hair will be cut. Elastics will be supplied.
- Hairstyling faculty will be on site to provide more difficult cuts for longer hair donations (i.e. pixie cuts) at event.
- Staff and students whose hair is being donated to the B.C. location may provide their name and email address at the event. The person who receives your hair will send a thank-you.