About this Program
- Students have the opportunity to work on permanent and temporary projects on campus grounds
- Landscape design projects are from actual sites in the community
- Hands on equipment demonstration and use, including front end loader, stone saw, skidsteer and excavator
- Hands on equipment demonstration and use, including stone saw, vibratory plate tamper, miter saw and wood chipper
- Skidsteer operation and licensing
- Excavator operation and safety license
- Graduates are in high demand among employers, thanks to industry growth across Canada
- Program has common first year with Greenhouse Technician (Academic) and Horticultural Technician (Academic) programs
- Design/build companies
- Fencing and deck companies
- Garden centres
- Golf course construction contractors
- Government-run parks
- Landscape construction contractors
- Landscape maintenance contractors
Our company has greatly benefited from the positive contribution of both Niagara College graduates and co-op students alike. The training provided by Niagara’s Landscape program is extensive and relevant to the landscape industry.
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
Niagara College offers graduate certificate options in several study areas to qualified college and university graduates. These certificates can add to your existing credentials and prepare you for the world of work.
We maintain articulation agreements with other colleges and universities in Canada and around the world.
Some post-secondary credits can be transferred into any Niagara College program.