About this Program
- Located in Ontario’s horticultural heartland at the Niagara-on-the-Lake campus, alongside the biodiversity of the Niagara Escarpment.
- Students use campus grounds, greenhouse, and the nursery as a “living laboratory”.
- Practical experience is gained working in the Greenhouse, Nursery, and on the campus grounds.
- Students are actively involved in applied research projects and particulate in many field trips to see horticultural practices in “the real world”.
- Advanced arboriculture includes tree climbing and pruning and the Fruit Production course includes practicing pruning in the orchard.
- Landscape design and maintenance
- Turf/golf course installation and maintenance
- Greenhouse/nursery production
- Urban arboriculture
- Parks maintenance
- Garden centre management
- Green roof/green wall installation and maintenance
- Urban food production
- Greenhouse production
This program provided me with broad-based knowledge for employment in the horticultural industry. Both faculty and facility are exceptional. I will cherish the memories of Niagara College for the rest of my life.
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
We are proud to provide a range of future study options for NC students. More details on specific opportunities and partnerships can be found at niagaracollege.ca/transfercredit.