About this Program
- Located in Ontario’s horticultural heartland
- Program based at Niagara-on-the-Lake campus, alongside the biodiversity of the Niagara Escarpment
- Students use campus grounds, greenhouse, and the nursery as a“living laboratory”
- Practical experience gained working in the greenhouse, nursery, andon the campus grounds
- Students actively involved in applied research projects
- Many field trips to see horticultural practices in “the real world”
- Advanced arboriculture includes tree climbing and pruning
- Fruit Production course includes practicing pruning in the orchard
- Landscape Design and Maintenance
- Turf/Golf Course Installation and Maintenance
- Greenhouse/Nursery Production
- Urban Arboriculture
- Parks Maintenance
- Garden Centre Management
- Green Roof/Green Wall installation and maintenance
- Urban Food Production
- Greenhouse Production
This program provided me with broad-based knowledge for employment in the horticultural industry. Both faculty and facility are exceptional. I will cherish the memories of Niagara College for the rest of my life.
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
Niagara College offers graduate certificate options in several study areas to qualified college and university graduates. These certificates can add to your existing credentials and prepare you for the world of work.
We maintain articulation agreements with other colleges and universities in Canada and around the world.
Some post-secondary credits can be transferred into any Niagara College program.