About this Program
- Co-op work term offers practical experience
- Applied research/demonstration projects with industry
- Extensive field trips to ornamental and vegetable greenhouses in the Niagara and Leamington areas
- Common first year with Horticultural Technician (Academic) and Landscape Technician (Academic) programs giving students flexibility
- Regular curriculum updates as recommended by industry advisors
- Graduates can complete a degree in Landscape Management, Production Horticulture, or Golf Course Management at Olds College
- Graduates can pursue various provincial licenses
- Participate in major industry trade shows
- Greenhouse management
- Greenhouse crop production
- Nursery management
- IPM specialist
- Technical sales
- Garden centres
- Horticultural research
- Horticultural journalism
The positive hands-on learning experience, accompanied with the expert guidance provided by industry knowledgeable instructors, gave me the leading edge I need to be successful in today’s dynamic greenhouse industry.
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
Niagara College offers graduate certificate options in several study areas to qualified college and university graduates. These certificates can add to your existing credentials and prepare you for the world of work.
We maintain articulation agreements with other colleges and universities in Canada and around the world.
Some post-secondary credits can be transferred into any Niagara College program.