About this Program
- College partners with Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority
- Graduates can pursue graduate certificates in Ecosystem Restoration, Environmental Management and Assessment and Geographic Information Systems
- Certification training is available in the Ministry of Environment’s Drinking Water Operator course
- Graduates with relevant experience can seek Canadian Environmental Practitioner in Training (CEPIT), Water Quality Analyst (WQA) and Certified Technician (OACETT) certification
- All students can participate in Niagara Environmental Corps (NEC), the college’s award-winning student-led organization proactively solving environmental issues
- Students may seek Niagara Research assistant positions and participate in environmental research projects with industry and government partners
- Co-op work term offers practical experience
- Municipal governments
- Environmental consultants
- Conservation authorities
- Environmental labs
- Government ministries
- Community outreach organizations
…I ended up getting a full time position with a medium sized environmental engineering company in Toronto as a Junior Environmental Technician. I’m loving the position and wanted to thank the professors at Niagara College for everything they have done.
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
Niagara College offers graduate certificate options in several study areas to qualified college and university graduates. These certificates can add to your existing credentials and prepare you for the world of work.
We maintain articulation agreements with other colleges and universities in Canada and around the world.
Some post-secondary credits can be transferred into any Niagara College program.