Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is considered Full Time for OSAP Eligibility?
You are considered to be a full-time student if you are taking 60 per cent or more of a full course load. A person with a permanent disability is considered to be a full-time student if he or she is taking at least 40 per cent of a full course load.
How do I apply for OSAP?
We strongly urge you to apply online as it saves you time, effort, and money. Just look at the benefits:
- The online application on the OSAP web site is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- It is quick and easy to use.
- Your information is secure.
- It has built-in "smarts" to help you avoid making entry errors.
- There is no application fee when you enter your application online.
- You can get an on-the-spot estimate of the amount of funding you may receive.
When is the OSAP Application Available?
The online OSAP application becomes available on May 1st for the coming academic year.