Get your full 'M' License through our Training Programs
Niagara College's Continuing Education Motorcycle programs
have trained over 7,000 students on how to safely enjoy,
operate, and ride motorcycles.
Our programs combine highly-experienced instructors
with top-notch training resources to deliver solid
safety practices and riding skills to riders of all ages.
Using the Canada Safety Council's (CSC) "Gearing Up" Curriculum, Niagara College has conducted our "Basic Rider" training course since 1983.
Niagara College gratefully acknowledges the following dealers for their continued loyal support of the College's Motorcycle Training Programs:
Back to Top
- Baldwin's Cycles, Dunnville
- Clare's Cycle and Sports Ltd., Pelham/Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Niagara Racecrafters, Virgil
- St. Catharines Motorcycle Centre
- Ultimate Cycle, Hamilton
Registration Guidelines -
Transfers, Withdrawals and Refunds
Please read the following Registration Guidelines before registering:
Please call the Registrar's Office for Transfers, Withdrawals and Refunds at 905-735-2211, extension 7556.
- Withdrawals must be made 5 working days before the course starts to receive a refund, less $20 administration fee.
- Transfers must be requested 5 working days prior to the start date of the course that you are transferring from. You may only make this request once and it is based on seat availability.
- Students who leave the course before its completion due to illness must provide a doctor’s note to be considered for a refund or rescheduling, which will depend on seat availability.
Special Note - Starting Classes on Time!
Out of respect for students who arrive on time, classes start promptly at the times indicated. If you arrive more than fifteen minutes after the specified time, you will not be permitted to take the course. A refund will not be issued.
All Niagara College's Motorcycle Training Program Requirements:
- At Niagara College we emphasize safety and proper motorcycle apparel. All of our riding courses required students to be prepared so don't forget your riding equipment:
- a D.O.T. approved helmet (in good condition)
- a heavy, long-sleeved jacket (non-synthetic)
- denim jeans or heavy pants
- full-fingered gloves that cover the entire hand
- heavy-duty leather boots that have a heel and cover the ankle (high top running shoes or jogging boots are NOT acceptable)
- anyone dressed inappropriately will not be allowed to ride.
- Attendance is mandatory for each motorcycle training course.
- Be prepared to ride rain or shine.
- Please arrive15 minutes prior to start of each class as classes start promptly at times indicated. If you arrive more than fifteen minutes after the specified time, you will not be permitted to take the course. A refund will not be issued. - Please be on time!
- Check your course Letter of Confirmation for dates, times, room number and parking lot information.
- Parking is free after 5 pm and weekends. NOTE - Paid Parking is required for daytime week day classes. Parking Passes can be purchased at the Parking Kiosks located in the Parking Lots.
Motorcycle - An Introduction to Motorcycling
- This is not intended to replace the full basic rider course. It will merely pique your interest.
- YOU DO NOT REQUIRE A VALID 'M1' LICENCE to take this seminar.
Motorcycle - Basic Rider Training Course
- This training course consists of a four-hour classroom session and two full days (training and test).
- Classroom session is scheduled in the Black Walnut Building Room B16.(See Map Link to your left under "Where are courses held?")
Motorcycle - M2 Exit Course
- This training course consists of a four-hour classroom session and 6 hours of training and 1 hour test.
- Classroom session is scheduled in the Black Walnut Building Room B11. (See Map Link to your left under "Where are courses held?")
- Additional document requirements for the M2 Exit Course:
- Possess a valid Ontario Ministry of Transportation Class 'M2" permit held for a minimum of 22 months (or 18 months if you have passes a recognized motorcycle training program). Please bring it and have it available at all times.
- Bring appropriate ownership and proof of insurance to first evening class
- Bring a properly licenced and insured, street legal motorcycle to the daytime component of the course. NOTE - motorcycles must be mechanically sound. If breakdowns occur, rescheduling or refunds will not be permitted.
Motorcycle - Retest
- This session is for those students who have attended our Motorcycle Training Program within the last year and wish to perform their M1 Exit test again.
- Additional document requirements for Motorcycle - Retest:
- a Valid M1 Learner's Permit is required prior to the start of the course - Please bring to the class.