About this Program
- Students receive more than 650 hours of hands-on experience
- Program Outline integrates intensive field experiences with sound academic training
- Case studies, videotape simulations and small group discussions enhance learning
- Program responds to changes in the social services field
- Field placements often lead to employment
Attend a Program Information Session
Interested in the Social Service Worker program? Attend a presentation to meet and greet with current SSW students, learn about articulation agreements and the types of activities that the SSW program features. Upcoming session dates and times include:
- Addictions treatment
- Mental health and wellness enhancement
- Immigration and refugee settlement
- Income assistance
The confidence and real-world experience I gained through this program enabled me to obtain full-time employment at the Niagara Falls Employment Help Centre even before I had my diploma in hand! Thank you, Niagara College.
Ontario College Diploma
|May 2016||Not Available|
|May 2017||Not Available|
Future Study Options
Niagara College offers graduate certificate options in several study areas to qualified college and university graduates. These certificates can add to your existing credentials and prepare you for the world of work.
We maintain articulation agreements with other colleges and universities in Canada and around the world.
Some post-secondary credits can be transferred into any Niagara College program.
Interested in completing your Bachelor of Social Work degree? Check out the options (PDF) for Niagara College Social Service Worker graduates!