About this Program
- Students receive more than 650 hours of hands-on experience.
- Program Outline integrates intensive field experiences with sound academic training.
- Case studies, videotape simulations and small group discussions enhance learning.
- Program responds to changes in the social services field.
- Field placements often lead to employment.
Attend a Program Information Session
Interested in the Social Service Worker program? Attend a presentation to meet and greet with current SSW students, learn about articulation agreements and the types of activities that the SSW program features. Upcoming session dates and times include:
- Addictions treatment
- Mental health and wellness enhancement
- Immigration and refugee settlement
- Income assistance
The confidence and real-world experience I gained through this program enabled me to obtain full-time employment at the Niagara Falls Employment Help Centre even before I had my diploma in hand! Thank you, Niagara College.
Ontario College Diploma
|May 2017||Not Available|
|September 2017||Waitlisted (What's this?)|
|May 2018||Not Available|
Future Study Options
We are proud to provide a range of future study options for NC students. More details on specific opportunities and partnerships can be found at niagaracollege.ca/transfercredit.