The following admission requirements apply to these intake terms:
- September 2015
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent, including the following required courses:
- English - any Grade 12 (C) or (U), or equivalent
Recommended courses or skills: What's this?
These courses are not required for admission.
- Exercise Science - Grade 12 (U)
- Recreation and Fitness Leadership - Grade 12 (C)
- Health for Life - Grade 11 (O)
- Healthy Active Living Education - Grade 12 (O)
- Related volunteer or cooperative work experience
Selection and Ranking Process
For competitive programs (the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of available places), selection will be based on the highest senior level final grade available at the time of ranking. Mid-term grades are not used for ranking purposes. Testing or other supplemental evaluation may be required.
Program Requirements What's this?
Criminal Reference Check (CRC):
- Many employers have instituted a CRC with vulnerable sector screening as a requirement for appropriate field placements. The CRC will be required at the end of term one.
- All costs associated with the CRC are the responsibility of the student.
- Note: Students with criminal charges or convictions will be limited in placement and/or employment opportunities.
Students are responsible for their own transportation in order to complete field placement requirements. Niagara College cannot guarantee placements that are readily accessible by public transportation. Students are responsible for all costs connected with such transportation.
- The confidential Communicable Disease Surveillance (CDS) form must be completed and submitted to Student Health Services prior to the last day of Term one. Please view the current CDS form and Checklist for requirements (vaccination documentation/proof of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, and 2 step TB testing) at NiagaraCollege.ca/health-services. Influenza, hepatitis B, tetanus diphtheria pertussis vaccinations are recommended.
- All costs associated with vaccinations and/or verification, are the responsibility of the student.
- All health requirements must be met prior to the start of the placement term or a placement will be denied. The host agency reserves the right to accept or deny any placement student.