About this Program
- Knowledgeable faculty who are leaders in the professional association for Recreation Therapists in Ontario.
- Level One Inclusion Specialist Certificate granted through Variety Village.
- Overnight leadership retreat.
- One level of Parks and Recreation Ontario’s High Five Principals of Healthy Childhood Development.
- Students complete 430 hours of field work experience.
- Therapeutic Recreation Ontario student membership.
- Parks and Recreation Ontario student membership.
Graduates will find employment in:
- Acute, chronic care and other specialized hospitals
- Facilities/agencies for individuals with mental health or intellectual disabilities
- Rehabilitation facilities
- Children’s treatment centres
- Municipal recreation departments
- Long term care facilities/adult day programs/retirement homes
- Correctional programs or facilities
- Community/private agencies aiding people with illness or disability
The teachers have always been there for any question or concern and the program provided so much opportunity to gain valuable experience. I would recommend this program to anyone. It’s a decision that will benefit you for the rest of your career.
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
We are proud to provide a range of future study options for NC students. More details on specific opportunities and partnerships can be found at niagaracollege.ca/transfercredit.