About this Program
- Students receive a minimum of 600 hours of field work experience and observation
- A variety of quality field placement sites
- Courses and field placements run concurrently for optimal learning
- Program is designed to meet registration requirements with the College for Early Childhood Educators
- Graduates have diverse opportunities for employment and further education
- Program graduates meet the requirements for employment with school boards as part of the provincial government’s full-day early learning programs
- Opportunity for advanced standing in domestic and international programs (ie. Bachelor of Early Childhood Education at Brock University, Bachelor of Education at Griffith University (Australia)).
- New 3 year ECE international option that combines study and work terms in Thailand and a Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Development and Cognition from Niagara University
- Childcare centres
- Boards of education full-day early learning programs
- Extended day programs for school-aged children
- Family and Children’s agencies
- Community pre-school programs
- Family resource programs/Ontario Early Years Centres
- Home childcare
- Camps and hospital playrooms
College Boreal Option
Sais-tu que tu peux poursuivre tes études collégiales en français ici même à Welland et en plus, sur le campus du Collège Niagara?
Et oui, le Collège Boréal t’invite à t’inscrire dans le programme d’Éducation en services à l’enfance (ÉSE) pour profiter d’une éducation en français, sur le grand campus du Collège Niagara et profiter des avantages que peut t’offrir des petites classes.
Pour en savoir plus, clique sur ce lien pour te rendre sur le site du Collège Boréal
With a Bachelor’s Degree in education (with Primary/Junior focus) and proof of English proficiency you are eligible to apply for Early Childhood Education – Advanced Standing.
Ontario College Diploma
|January 2018||Waitlisted (What's this?)|
|May 2018||Not Available|
|May 2019||Not Available|
Future Study Options
We are proud to provide a range of future study options for NC students. More details on specific opportunities and partnerships can be found at niagaracollege.ca/transfercredit.