About this Program
- Our program outline emphasizes support of children and families living with autism along the autism spectrum
- Niagara offers practical experience during block placements each term supervised by experts in ABA
- Students will be using iPad devices to access iBooks and applications that support classroom and field placement practice
- The Behaviour Analyst Certification Board, Inc. has approved the following course sequence as meeting the coursework requirements for eligibility to take the Board Certified Assistant Behaviour Analyst Examination. Applicants will have to meet additional requirements to qualify.
- Graduates of this certificate will work predominantly with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders. They will be prepared to work as Behavioural Technicians in therapeutic and educational environments as part of a treatment team supervised by a Behaviour Analyst and/ or Psychologist.
- Graduates may also be in demand by employers such as families, school boards, community and private agencies/ organizations that serve individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Alternative Delivery Option
This program offers an alternative delivery format designed for working professionals, those with family responsibilities during traditional day schedules, and those able to commute for specific periods. It includes a combination of online, hybrid, evening, and weekend deliveries as well as a reduced course load over a longer period (2.5 semesters completing in late June). Learn more at niagaracollege.ca/absa.