About this Program
- Program outline emphasizes support of children and families living with autism along the autism spectrum.
- Niagara College offers practical experience during block placements each term supervised by ABA experts.
- Students use iPad devices to access iBooks and applications that support classroom and field placement practice.
- As of Fall 2015, the Behaviour Analyst Certification Board, Inc. has approved the course sequence as meeting the coursework requirements for eligibility to take the Board Certified Assistant Behaviour Analyst Examination. Applicants will have to meet additional requirements to qualify.
- Graduates of this certificate will work predominantly with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders. They will be prepared to work as Behavioural Technicians in therapeutic and educational environments as part of a treatment team supervised by a Behaviour Analyst and/or Psychologist.
- Graduates may also be in demand by employers such as families, school boards, community and private agencies/ organizations that serve individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders
Alternative Delivery Option – New for Fall 2017
This program will offer an alternative delivery format beginning in Fall 2017 designed for working professionals, those with family responsibilities during traditional day schedules, and those able to commute for specific periods. It will include a combination of online, hybrid, evening, and weekend deliveries as well as a reduced course load over a longer period (2.5 semesters completing in late June). Check back shortly for more information.