All Niagara College programs conform to the Credentials Framework. The Strategic Enrolment Management Committee (SEM) and the Academic Operations Committee (AOC) approve all new program development and program changes.
In the area of postsecondary education, the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (MAESD) is responsible for:
- developing policy directions for universities and colleges of applied arts and technology
- planning and administering policies related to basic and applied research in this sector
- authorizing colleges and universities to grant degrees
- distributing funds allocated by the provincial legislature to colleges and universities
- providing financial-assistance programs for postsecondary school students
- registering private career colleges
For more information, Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.