The following admission requirements apply to these intake terms:
- September 2016
- September 2017
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent, including the following required courses:
- English - any Grade 12 (C) or (U), or equivalent
Recommended courses or skills: What's this?
These courses are not required for admission.
- Mathematics - any Grade 11 (C), (U) or (M)
- Biology - Grade 11 (C) or (U) or Grade 12 (U)
Selection and Ranking Process
For competitive programs (the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of available places), selection will be based on the highest senior level final grade available at the time of ranking. Mid-term grades are not used for ranking purposes. Testing or other supplemental evaluation may be required.
Program Requirements What's this?
Criminal Reference Check (CRC)
Many employers have instituted a CRC with vulnerable sector screening as a requirement for appropriate field placements. The CRC will be required at the beginning of the program term 2. A recent criminal reference check must be provided to the Placement Agency on the first day of clinical placement. All costs associated with the CRC are the responsibility of the student.
Students are responsible for their own transportation in order to complete field projects and work placement requirements. Niagara College cannot guarantee placements that are readily accessible by public transportation. Students are responsible for all costs connected with such transportation.
- The confidential Communicable Disease Surveillance (CDS) form must be completed and submitted to Student Health Services prior to the first day of Term 3.
- Please view the current CDS form and Checklist for requirements (vaccination documentation/ proof of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, and 2 step TB testing) at NiagaraCollege.ca/health-services. Influenza, hepatitis B, tetanus diphtheria pertussis vaccinations are recommended.
- All costs associated with vaccinations, and/or verification, are the responsibility of the student. All health requirements must be met one month prior to the start of the placement term or a placement will be denied.
Correction Notice: In our printed Program Guide incorrect health requirements were provided; CPR and First Aid are not requirements for this program.