About this Program
- Case studies, computer applications and role-playing provide hands-on training.
- Study under faculty members who have a professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA).
- Many graduates find work through contacts made while working on projects.
- Years 1 and 2 offer common core courses with the Business–Accounting program.
- Assistant controllers and income tax auditors
- Budget analysts
- Financial and cost accountants
- General accountants
- Internal auditors
- Management trainees in banking and other business sectors
- Office managers
- Junior accountants in public accounting
Students should be aware that the three previously recognized accounting bodies in Ontario have undergone unifi cation which has resulted in a number of changes to the qualification processes and requirements for a professional designation. Students wishing to pursue a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation have options to articulate their diploma to a qualifying degree program recognized by CPA Ontario. Qualified students graduating from our Business Administration – Accounting programs are eligible to receive advanced standing in an Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance (ACAF) offered through CPA Canada.
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
We are proud to provide a range of future study options for NC students. More details on specific opportunities and partnerships can be found at niagaracollege.ca/transfercredit.