About this Program
- Study under faculty members who have a professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA).
- Case studies, computer applications and role-playing provide hands-on training.
- Co-op work term offers practical experience.
- Many graduates find work through co-op terms or contacts made while working on projects.
- Years 1 and 2 offer common core courses with the Business–Accounting program.
Note: Students should be aware that the three previously recognized accounting bodies in Ontario have undergone unification which has resulted in a number of changes to the qualification processes and requirements for a professional designation. Students wishing to pursue a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation have options to articulate their diploma to a qualifying degree program recognized by CPA Ontario. Qualified students graduating from our Business Administration – Accounting programs are eligible to receive advanced standing in an Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance (ACAF) offered through CPA Canada.
- Assistant controllers and income tax auditors
- Budget analysts
- Financial and cost accountants
- General accountants
- Internal auditors
- Management trainees in banking and other business sectors
- Office managers
- Junior accountants in public accounting
The co-op program gave me the work experience I needed before I entered the work environment.
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
We are proud to provide a range of future study options for NC students. More details on specific opportunities and partnerships can be found at niagaracollege.ca/transfercredit.
Discover real data on wages, employment and job postings for your career of choice in the Niagara Region and beyond.Go to Career Coach