Niagara College will offer a behind-the-scenes look at its classrooms, interactive labs and programs during its Doors Open event on Saturday, November 21 at the Welland and Niagara-on-the-Lake campuses.
The event is ideal for prospective students looking for a pathway to success, or anyone who wants to learn more about Niagara College’s specialized facilities or unique approach to applied education.
“This is a great opportunity for people to meet our students, faculty and staff and learn about Niagara College first-hand,” said Niagara College president Dan Patterson. “We invite the entire community to join us and learn about our programs and discover why the Niagara College experience is unparalleled.”
The event runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at both campuses, and includes campus tours, interactive displays and more.
Guests will have access to a wide range of facilities and labs, and hands-on demonstrations including:
- Nursing lab and Snoezelen Room demonstrations in the Applied Health Institute (Welland Campus);
- A mock salon and NC blue hair extensions with hairstylist students in the Simcoe foyer (Welland Campus);
- Engine and hybrid automotive training, machining, surveying, robot, radio and a Habitat for Humanity house display in the Rankin Technology Centre (Welland Campus);
- Live on-air broadcasts in the Voyageur Wing (Welland Campus);
- Culinary lab tours and brewery operations, food science demonstrations and samples in the Canadian Food and Wine Institute building (NOTL Campus);
- Tours of the Wine Visitor + Education Centre and Niagara College Teaching Brewery (NOTL Campus);
- Golf simulator demonstration and spa tours (NOTL Campus), and much more.
Tours are available at both campuses, departing every 30 minutes, along with residence tours, and a services fair with information regarding admissions, financial aid, graduate employment and co-op, the Centre for Student Engagement and Leadership, the Be World Ready program, the Student Success Centre and the Student Administrative Council.
Parking is free at both campuses for this event. For more information, visit www.niagaracollege.ca/doorsopen.
Niagara College offers more than 100 diploma, bachelor degree and advanced level programs at campuses in Welland, Niagara-on-the-Lake, and Niagara Falls; as well as more than 600 credit, vocational and general interest Continuing Education courses. Areas of specialization include food and wine sciences, advanced technology, media, applied health and community safety, supported by unique learning enterprises in food, wine, beer, horticulture and esthetics. For more information visit www.niagaracollege.ca
Media inquiries, please contact:
Senior Communications Officer
Office: 905.735.2211 ext. 7773
Office: 905.735.2211 ext. 7368