This morning ITS experienced a technical issue that disabled our ability to grant users access to the network Blackboard WiFi and PeopleSoft. The issue is not related to the website issues we experienced on the weekend. Additionally no data has been lost nor has our network or information been compromised.
Unfortunately to resolve this situation every user is required to reset their password in order to regain access to the network. The instructions for resetting your password can be found below.
If you have any questions or experience any difficulties logging in please call the ITS Helpdesk at 905-735-2211 extension 7642.
If on-campus using a Microsoft Windows based workstation:
- Log into the workstation using your date of birth in yyMmmdd format. For example if you were born on October 31st 1990 then your temporary password is 90Oct31
- Press Ctl-Alt-Del.
- Choose Change a Password…
- Enter your temporary password (date of birth) in the Old Password area.
- Enter your desired password in the New Password and Confirm Password areas.
- Click the arrow to continue.
- Log into Blackboard using your username and date of birth in yyMmmdd format as the password. For example if you were born on October 31st 1990 then your temporary password is 90Oct31.
- Choose My Apps.
- Choose Change My Password.
- Accept the Acceptable Use Policy.
- When prompted enter your user name.
- When prompted enter your temporary password (birth date). For example if you were born on October 31st 1990 then your temporary password is 90Oct31.
- Follow the rest of the usual steps to change your password.
The Blackboard password reset page will work as well off of Blackboard’s main page (https://niagara.blackboard.com) but the format of the password is slightly different if you choose to use that option.
You will also need to change/update your passwords on your wireless devices.
If you are at the College and need to login to see these instructions you can use the usercode/password nicc/College1.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.