- Is a General Machinist Apprenticeship right for you?
You are well-suited to this program if you:
- Are able to work independently on tasks that require both concentration and physical strength
- Are interested in applying knowledge of math and science fundamentals to detail-oriented tasks
- Enjoy an active, hands-on approach to learning
- Learn why General Machinist student Nathan Hawkins recommends this program
When I decided to go back to school at the age of 30 I was very nervous. Was I going to like it? Was I going to be able to keep up? Working full time and going back to school was a scary thought. I found Niagara College to be very welcoming and the staff wonderful. I enjoy my program and look forward to my new career as a machinist. I love all the hands on experience I have received. Getting to learn on different machines and challenging myself with the math and other subjects. I feel a strong sense of pride in my accomplishments. I have found the part time program to fit into my lifestyle perfectly. I am still able to work full time while I earn my ticket. It has been a very rewarding and fulfilling experience. I would recommend this program to others as it is a great way to better yourself and get yourself a great career with lots of potential and job opportunities.