About this Apprenticeship
- Length:3 Years
- Class Location:Welland Campus
- Starts In:Fall
- Credential:Certificate of Apprenticeship
- School:School of Community Services
Apprentices complete 720 hours of college instruction and approximately 4 years of on-the-job training as paid trainees.
This program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.
|APPR1758||Health and Wellness||0|
|APPR1752||Philosophy of Support||0|
|APPR1757||Responding to Abuse||0|
- OSSD or equivalent
- Grade 12 English or equivalent
- Students must have identified sponsor to register in the development services sector
- Residential treatment centres/group homes
- Community outreach programs
- With families providing respite
- Not-for-profit organizations
- In homes, helping people to maintain their independence
- Prevention programs
- Day treatment centres
- Social service agencies
- Community based programs
- Mental health agencies
- Community day programs offered by agencies and independent businesses
- Entrepreneur providing day program options to families and individuals
The Benefits of Apprenticeship
- The Province of Ontario is facing a large shortage of skilled labour.
- A certified journeyperson earns a good wage.
- Approximately 18 per cent of skilled workers are self-employed.
- There is, and will continue to be, a demand for highly qualified, highly skilled tradespeople.
- Majority of tuition for the in-school training is paid for by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.