About this Program
- New, “state-of-the-art” community and hospital laboratory facilities that include a simulated retail pharmacy and sterile product room.
- Curriculum covers the newest pharmaceutical products and practices, as well as nutrition and herbal products.
- Emphasizes application of theoretical knowledge to hands-on learning through labs and field placements – students complete approximately 300 field placement hours.
- Offers a unique interprofessional education experience.
- Positioned to meet the requirements set by the National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA), Canadian Pharmacy Technician Educators Association (CPTEA) and the Ontario College of Pharmacists.
- Community pharmacies
- Home health care divisions/companies
- Pharmaceutical distribution wholesalers
- Pharmacy application software vendors
- Hospital pharmacies
- Pharmacy benefits administration and consulting firms
- Private medical industries, such as pharmaceutical companies
We chose Niagara College for many reasons, one being that Niagara College is an accredited college. This is important to us as you need this credential in order to become a regulated pharmacy technician in Ontario. Our overall experience at Niagara College has exceeded our expectations. Throughout our experience at Niagara College the faculty and services offered here have helped us accomplish our academic goals. The overall experience and education obtained has given us a great opportunity to expand in our future career.
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
We are proud to provide a range of future study options for NC students. More details on specific opportunities and partnerships can be found at niagaracollege.ca/transfercredit.