The following admission requirements apply to these intake terms:
- September 2015
- January 2016
- May 2016
Admission Requirements for September 2015, January 2016 and May 2016 Intakes
View the admission requirements for these intakes: September 2015, January 2016 or May 2016.
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent, including the following required courses:
- English - any Grade 12 (C) or (U), or equivalent
- Mathematics - any Grade 12 (C) or (U), or equivalent
- Biology - Grade 11 (C) or (U) or Grade 12 (U) or
- Chemistry - Grade 11 (U) or Grade 12 (C) or (U) or
Recommended courses or skills: What's this?
These courses are not required for admission.
- Health Care - Grade 11 (C)
- Information Technology in Business - Grade 11 (O)
- Medical Technologies - Grade 12 (C)
Selection and Ranking Process
For competitive programs (the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of available places), selection will be based on the highest senior level final grade available at the time of ranking. Mid-term grades are not used for ranking purposes. Testing or other supplemental evaluation may be required.
Program Requirements What's this?
Criminal Reference Check (CRC)
- Many employers have instituted a CRC with vulnerable sector screening as a requirement for appropriate field placement beginning in Term 2 and for subsequent employment.
- All costs associated with the CRC are the responsibility of the student.
Students are responsible for their own transportation in order to complete field placement requirements. Niagara College cannot guarantee placements that are readily accessible by public transportation. Students are responsible for all costs connected with such transportation.