About this Program
- New, state-of-the-art community laboratory facility that includes a simulated retail pharmacy.
- Program emphasizes hands-on learning through labs and field placements—students complete approximately 150 field placement hours.
- Curriculum covers the newest pharmaceutical product, practices and drug distribution systems.
- Program emphasizes Interprofessional Education.
- Long-term care speciality pharmacies
- Pharmacy application software vendors
- Pharmacy benefits administration and consulting firms
- Pharmaceutical distribution wholesalers
- Retail and community pharmacies
Discover real data on wages, employment and job postings for your career of choice in the Niagara Region and beyond.Go to Career Coach
The Retail Pharmacy Assistant program at Niagara College…is part of an Inter-Professional Education system that is quite unique. Getting to hear first-hand from different professionals about what their jobs entail has been a real eye-opening experience. I have learned so much about how these very different occupations are interlinked, in that they must communicate effectively with each other for the betterment of the patient. Without their dedication to working as a team patient outcomes could be compromised.
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
We are proud to provide a range of future study options for NC students. More details on specific opportunities and partnerships can be found at niagaracollege.ca/transfercredit.