The following admission requirements apply to these intake terms:
- September 2016
- September 2017
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent, including the following required courses:
- English - any Grade 12 (C) or (U), or equivalent
- Mathematics - any Grade 11 (C), (U) or (M), or equivalent
- Biology - Grade 11 (C) or (U) or Grade 12 (U)
- Chemistry - Grade 11 (U) or Grade 12 (C) or (U) or
- Physics - Grade 11 (U) or Grade 12 (C) or (U) or
Additional requirements for admission:
Visit www.niagaracollege.ca/par for information about additional pre-admission requirements for this program.
Selection and Ranking Process
For competitive programs (the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of available places), selection will be based on the highest senior level final grade available at the time of ranking. Mid-term grades are not used for ranking purposes. Testing or other supplemental evaluation may be required.
Program Requirements What's this?
Note: All health and CRC requirements must be met by the start of the program or the student will be denied clients and/or access to clinic.
- The confidential Communicable Disease Surveillance (CDS) form must be completed and submitted to Niagara College Student Health Services prior to the start of the program. Please view the current CDS form and Checklist for requirements (vaccination documentation/proof of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, varicella and 2 step TB testing) at niagaracollege.ca/health-services/. Influenza, hepatitis B, tetanus diphtheria pertussis vaccinations are recommended.
- Students are required to provide copies of their certification for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) at Level HCP (Health Care Provider), Adult/Child/Infant one and two rescuer CPR with AED and First Aid for choking including artificial resuscitation using both pocket mask and bag-valve mask. (This program is designed for those with specific health care responsibilities.) Students are responsible for maintaining annual CPR and First Aid certification throughout the program.
- All costs associated with CPR/First Aid, vaccinations, and/or verification, are the responsibility of the student.
Mask fit testing will be required for hospital clinical. The college will make arrangements for one mask fit test prior to clinical placement.
Criminal Reference Check (CRC)
Many employers have instituted a CRC with vulnerable sector screening as a requirement for appropriate field placements. All costs associated with the certificate are the responsibility of the student.
Students are responsible for their own transportation in order to complete field placement requirements. Niagara College cannot guarantee placements that are readily accessible by public transportation. Students are responsible for all costs connected with such transportation.