About this Program
Provides a unique program delivery that has students progress through six consecutive terms and graduate in 24 months. Students receive an Ontario College Advanced Diploma (equivalent of 3 years of study) upon graduation.
- Study at the new, state-of-the-art Dental Clinic at the Applied Health Institute at Niagara College.
- Students receive exceptional pre-clinical practice and clinical opportunities in a fully operational Dental Clinic.
- Inter-professional opportunities with students in other health science disciplines.
- Graduates can become registered dental hygienists in Ontario upon fulfillment of the requirements of the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario.
- This program is accredited by the Commission of Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC).
- Includes multiple comprehensive and varied field placement components.
- Teaches an evidence-based dental hygiene curriculum.
- Community health settings
- Dental sales/supplies companies
- Dental research
- Educational institutions
- Independent dental hygiene practice
- General dental practices
- Hospital dental facilities
- Long-term care homes
- Specialty dental practices
The Dental Hygiene program at Niagara College has helped open doors for me that I never knew existed. Not only does the program have high academic standards, but it also offers invaluable hands-on clinical experience that ensures in a rewarding profession.
Ontario College Advanced Diploma
|January 2016||Not Available|
|May 2016||Not Available|
|January 2017||Not Available|
|May 2017||Not Available|
Future Study Options
Niagara College offers graduate certificate options in several study areas to qualified college and university graduates. These certificates can add to your existing credentials and prepare you for the world of work.
We maintain articulation agreements with other colleges and universities in Canada and around the world.
Some post-secondary credits can be transferred into any Niagara College program.