About this Program
- Study at the new, state-of-the-art Dental Clinic at the Applied Health Institute at Niagara College.
- Graduates are eligible to write the (entry to practice) National Dental Assisting Examination Board (NDAEB) exam which enhances portability throughout Canada.
- Certification by the Ontario Dental Assistants Association is offered following successful completion of the NDAEB exam.
- Students receive up to 400 hours of hands-on lab and clinical experience in a new state-of-the-art dental clinic and labs.
- Includes a comprehensive field placement component in community dental office synthesis theory and practical studies.
- Program has excellent reputation among community dental practices.
- High standards ensure that students are well prepared for all aspects of a dental assisting career.
- Graduates enjoy a high employment rate.
- Unique inter-professional education experience in both the classroom and clinical environments.
- Community Dental Health
- General Dental Practices
- Insurance Companies
- Product Research
- Supply Companies
I chose Niagara College because I always had an interest in dentistry. In fall of 2013 I started the DOA program at Niagara College, which gave me a variety of skills and experience to land a job in my field right away. I am now continuing my dental education as becoming a level I & II dental assistant.
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
Niagara College offers graduate certificate options in several study areas to qualified college and university graduates. These certificates can add to your existing credentials and prepare you for the world of work.
We maintain articulation agreements with other colleges and universities in Canada and around the world.
Some post-secondary credits can be transferred into any Niagara College program.