About this Program
- Students receive approximately 400 hours of hands-on lab and clinical experience in a new state-of-the-art dental clinic and labs.
- Program has excellent reputation among community dental practices.
- High standards ensure that students are well prepared for all aspects of a dental assisting career.
- Graduates enjoy a high employment rate.
- Includes a valuable and comprehensive field placement component in community dental offices synthesis theory and practical studies.
- Unique inter-professional education experience in both the classroom and clinical environments.
Ontario Dental Assistants Association Certification
Graduates are eligible to write the (entry to practice) National Dental Assisting Examination Board (NDAEB) exam which enhances portability throughout Canada. Certification by the Ontario Dental Assistants Association is offered following successful completion of the NDAEB exam.
- Community dental health
- Insurance companies
- Product research
- Supply companies
- General dental practices
I chose Niagara College because I always had an interest in dentistry. In fall of 2013 I started the DOA program at Niagara College, which gave me a variety of skills and experience to land a job in my field right away. I am now continuing my dental education as becoming a level I & II dental assistant.
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
We are proud to provide a range of future study options for NC students. More details on specific opportunities and partnerships can be found at niagaracollege.ca/transfercredit.