About this Program
- Students can explore courses of interest before committing to a specific field of study and meet program staff to design an individualized program. Common subjects of interest include:
- Health Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Global Studies
- Current Events
- Health & Wellness
- Film Studies
- Forensic Sciences
- Flexibility allows students to explore educational and career goals.
- Individual educational support and planning.
- Participation in a supportive learning community.
- Gain marketable skills and may receive transferable credits to other college or university programs.
- Graduates have an increased readiness for further studies or the workforce.
- Access to an Academic Advisor.
Educational opportunities for graduates include:
- Child and Youth Care
- Community and Justice Services
- Social Service Worker
Earn your General Arts and Science certificate or diploma at night. For more information, assistance in registering, designing your customized curriculum, identifying General Education courses, or transferring post-secondary credits you have already earned toward a General Arts and Science certificate or diploma, please call 905-735-2211 extension 7863.
At the beginning of the year, I had no idea what I was going to go into. I gave General Arts and Science a try and I’m happy I did. I have now been accepted into the Broadcasting program. I never thought that my dream would come true!
Ontario College Diploma
Please apply to program code 0820 for the Welland Campus or program code 0825 for the Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus.
Future Study Options
We are proud to provide a range of future study options for NC students. More details on specific opportunities and partnerships can be found at niagaracollege.ca/transfercredit.