Academic Upgrading courses prepare you for post-secondary college programs, apprenticeships, or employment. Pursue individualized programs in English, Mathematics, Science and/or Computers.
Academic Upgrading courses include:
- Communications—reading, writing, listening and speaking;
- Mathematics—math fundamentals leading to business, apprenticeship, and/or technology applications;
- Science—physics, biology and/or chemistry;
- Computer Fundamentals—learn and work with common computer applications.
You may also choose to earn the Academic and Career Entrance Certificate, which is accepted as equivalent to Grade 12 by Ontario community colleges and for registration as an apprentice.
- Be at least 19 years old.
- Eligible to work in Ontario.
- English speaking and listening skills equal to at least Canadian Benchmark Level 7.
- Meet our required skill level for reading and writing at the time of your application.
Choose this program if you:
- don’t have a grade 12 diploma;
- completed grade 12 some time ago and need to refresh your skills, and/or upgrade your marks;
- have a grade 12 diploma but lack specific courses needed to apply for a college program.