About this Program
- Enrol at any time – program is based on continuous intake.
- After completing the application/registration process with the program counsellor, you may be eligible to start most Mondays during the usual school year.
- The full program is offered during the day at the Welland and Niagara-on-the-Lake campuses. Some courses are also available part-time and/or evenings at our Niagara-on-the-Lake and Niagara Falls campuses, as well as at community-based locations in Port Colbourne, and Fort Erie. (Addresses and directions to our campuses can be found here.)
- Tuition fees and costs of materials are paid for by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. Support allowances may help pay for child care and transportation while in class.
- Upgrade your skills following an individualized training plan. All students are assessed at intake and placed in appropriate courses and levels to help them achieve their goals.
- Work at a flexible pace in a supportive classroom environment.
- Take only the courses required for admission to your preferred Niagara College program.
- Study in a college environment. Enjoy the privileges of a Niagara College student including use of the college library, gym, cafeteria, and health services.
- As part of this program you may optionally complete the requirements for the Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) Certificate.
Completion of the Academic Upgrading program may lead to:
- Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE)
- Post-secondary studies
- Pre-apprenticeship, apprenticeship and skills training programs
One of the things I learned in Academic Upgrading is that you have to go step by step. The teachers are here to support you all the way. My hard work, determination and goal of providing for my family resulted in my attaining a spot in Niagara College’s highly competitive Paramedic programming.
How to Apply
For information about applying to the Academic Upgrading program, please call 905-641-2252 extension 4418.
Applicants for Academic Upgrading do not apply to Niagara College via Ontario Colleges.
|September 2016||Continuous Intake|
|January 2017||Continuous Intake|
|May 2017||Continuous Intake|
|September 2017||Continuous Intake|
|January 2018||Continuous Intake|
|May 2018||Continuous Intake|
This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario and through the Canada-Ontario Job Fund Agreement.