About this Program
- Enrol in this Ministry-funded program with access to textbooks, and the possibility of some financial support
- Enrol at any time because the program is based on continuous intake
- Upgrade your skills following an individualized training plan. All students are assessed at intake and placed in appropriate courses and levels so they will achieve their goals
- Work at your own pace in a supportive classroom environment
- Take only the courses required for admission to your chosen program at Niagara College
- Complete the requirements for the Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) Certificate
- Study in a college environment. Enjoy the privileges of a Niagara College student including use of the college library, gym, cafeteria, and health services
Completion of the Academic Upgrading program may lead to:
- Academic and Career Entrance Certificate (ACE)
- Postsecondary studies
- Pre-apprenticeship, apprenticeship and skills training programs
- Essential skills for employment
One of the things I learned in Academic Upgrading is that you have to go step by step. The teachers are here to support you all the way. My hard work, determination and goal of providing for my family resulted in my attaining a spot in Niagara College’s highly competitive Paramedic programming.
How to Apply
Applicants for Academic Upgrading (AU) do not apply to Niagara College via ontariocolleges.ca. For information about applying to AU, please contact AU Reception at 905-641-2252 ext. 4418.
|September 2017||Continuous Intake|
|January 2018||Continuous Intake|
|May 2018||Continuous Intake|
|September 2018||Continuous Intake|
|January 2019||Continuous Intake|
|May 2019||Continuous Intake|
This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario and through the Canada-Ontario Job Fund Agreement.